Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Beauty Review: KENZO AMOUR le Parfum


When this perfume landed on my lap a few months ago, I was taken by surprise. I honestly don’t remember any of my US contacts offering to send it for review (so whoever I need to thank, I hope you get around to reading this and know that I’m meaning to send word). Regardless of how I got it, I’m now here to clue you folks in on how it fared.

I remember mentioning that at first sniff (and learning of notes), I was generally curious about the perfume. It’s woody and musky, scents that I find attractive and would consider wearing. KENZO AMOUR’s scent leaves an elegant impression. It’s definitely more suitable worn with evening wear. Think formal dinner parties or black- tie events. This is all based on the initial whiff.

You have to admire the packaging. From the box to the actual bottle that holds the precious perfume, gorgeous. It actually looks pretty sitting on top of my vanity table. This made me think of people who loves collecting perfume bottles, this one from KENZO will definitely be a good prospect.

When time came for me to wear it, I was expecting instant meshing of destinies. I thought I’ve found a scent that I can add to my growing collection of perfumes. I was disappointed, though.

I’m not sure if it was the humidity, the wet weather, or simply my body chemistry. I was instantly repulsed. It’s not that the scent was truly repulsive, it’s just that my reaction to it made me reach a firm decision never to wear it again. Nauseated with the too sickly sweet scent (powdery sweet vanilla). Simply put, we didn’t mesh well. This is a first since most woody and musky scents are generally compatible. A couple of my perfumes are woody and musky. Odd.

I guess, long story short, KENZO AMOUR won’t fall under my re-purchase list. I actually gave this bottle to a good friend who actually likes the perfume. I reckon it’ll fulfill its purpose in life with someone who’d actually wear the perfume.

KENZO AMOUR le Parfum 1.7oz $92 | 1oz $72

If any of you folks like (or wear) this perfume, do let me know. I’d still love to know what you think despite my odd ramblings.

1 comment:

BenMavi said...

I'm in love with this parfume. I used it with my ex. reminds me of my old memories

Post a Comment